VIS-STAMP: A Visualization System for Space-Time and Multivariate Patterns
VIS-STAMP is a geo-visual analytic software package that couples computational, visual, and cartographic methods for exploring and understanding spatio-temporal and multivariate data. It can help analysts investigate complex patterns across multivariate, spatial, and temporal dimensions via clustering, sorting, and visualization. Specifically, VIS-STAMP builds on a self-organizing map, a parallel coordinate plot, several forms of reorderable matrices , and a geographic small multiple display.
- Guo, D., J. Chen, A. M. MacEachren, and K. Liao (2006), "A Visualization System for Spatio-Temporal and Multivariate Patterns (VIS-STAMP)", IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 12(6), pp. 1461-1474.
- Guo, D. and M. Gahegan (2006). "Spatial Ordering and Encoding for Geographic Data Mining and Visualization", Journal of Intelligent Information Systems, 27(3), pp.243-266.
- (2007). "Visualizing Patterns in a Global Terrorism Incident Database", Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design. 34, pp. 767-784.
- Jin, H. & D. Guo. (2009) "Understanding Climate Change Patterns with Multivariate Geovisualization". In Proceedings - IEEE International Conference on Data Mining Workshops, 217-222. Miami, FL, USA: IEEE Press.
- (2012). "Understanding Spatio-temporal Patterns of Multiple Crime Types with a Geovisual Analytics Approach", Crime Modeling and Mapping Using Geospatial Technologies , edited by M. Leitner. Springer.
For the software, please contact email@example.com and provide necessary information such as your name, title, institution, and a brief description of your project that needs the software.
|vis-stamp manual||1013.59 KB|